Listing Sharded Types
When the Akka Cluster Sharding integration is detected it will show up under the Integrations section in the sidebar, clicking on it will take you to the Cluster Sharding List page:
Here you will see all detected sharded types and can click on any of them to go to the Cluster Sharding Details page.
Sharded Type Details
The Cluster Sharding Details page presents all the information available from a sharded type on three different sections:
Get basic information about how the sharding regions are performing:
- Messages per Region: Shows the message processing throughout across all regions.
- Shards per Region: Shows the minimum and maximum number of shards hosted on each region.
- Entities per Region: Shows the minimum and maximum number of entities hosted on each region.
Show information about how entities and messages are distributed across shards. This section helps you quickly figure out if entities are unbalanced across shards.
- Entities per Shard (heatmap, histogram and areas): Shows the distribution of entities per shard over time. The heatmap and histogram charts help you get a clear idea of how the entities are distributed across charts, whilst the areas chart helps you spot whether any instance is behaving differently from the rest.
- Messages per Shard: Shows a heatmap of messages delivered per shard over time.
Shows performance information for the actual sharded actor, this is basically your code's performance.
- Per Instance Throughput: Shows message processing throughput per instance, across all sharded actors.
- Per Instance Errors: Shows the number of errors processing messages per instance, across all sharded actors.
- Processing Time: Shows the common latency percentiles for the message processing time in the sharded type across all instances.
- Processing Time Percentiles: Shows the full percentiles spectrum per instance, across all sharded actors.
- Time in Mailbox: Shows the common latency percentiles for the time in mailbox in the sharded type across all instances. Basically, how much time are messages waiting on the sharded type's mailboxes.
- Pending Work: Shows how much work is pending across all mailboxes per instance.